St. Albert Tennis Club
COVID-19 (novel coronavirus)
The City’s priority is the health, safety and well-being of our residents, staff and visitors.
In an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19, the City has taken immediate action based on Alberta Health Services’ recommendations.
At a special Council meeting on March 23, it was approved to extend closure of City-managed facilities (this includes bookings, rentals, programs and services); and cancellation of all community and City led events until May 31, 2020
As the closure timing now bridges into the outdoor season, the closures also apply to community partner operated outdoor seasonal facilities.
Please note that the City will be posting signs at your outdoor spaces that the facility is closed.
We recognize that this announcement comes with little notice and may create unexpected challenges. For that we appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this challenging and unprecedented time.
The St. Albert Tennis Club has been granted two Casino dates for the upcoming year. However, due to the Covid-19 concerns the dates for the casino have been postponed.
On March 17, the government of Alberta declared a public health emergency that resulted in various measures, including the closure of all casinos.
- Charitable casino events in the second quarter (April 2 – June 30, 2020) will not proceed as scheduled.
- Though casino events are disrupted, Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis (AGLC) will ensure that groups scheduled for casino events in the second quarter 2020 are rescheduled and accommodated first when casinos open.
- When casinos eventually re-open, it will take a period of time for AGLC to reschedule all groups.
- We do not know when casinos will open.
· We will communicate details to groups with casino events when a plan is in place.
The Mission Hill Courts public use schedule is posted by the main gate of the tennis courts.