Duties of Board Members
- Social Director
- Tournament Director
- Facilities Director
- Instructional Coordinator
- Lounge Manager
President back to top
- Organizes and presides at all meetings of the Club and of the Board of Directors (see bylaws)
- Is an ex-officio a member of all committees (see bylaws)
- Day to day guidance of and supervision of Club Manager-Pro
- Obtains approval of all contracts for services from the Board of Directors before ratification.
- Primary contact (liaison) with:
- The St. Albert Recreation Department, including:
- Informing recreation coordinator of new Board of Directors after elections
- Liaison with regard to clubhouse improvements, maintenance, etc.
- Matters with regard to the license of occupation
- Inspections at beginning and end of occupancy period (Apr. 15 to Oct 15)
- The Edmonton District Tennis Association:
- Tennis Alberta, including
- Informing recreation coordinator of new Board of Directors after election
- Submitting St. Albert Club sanctioned tournament dates (Aug.30)
- The St. Albert Recreation Department, including:
- Arranges to have mail picked up and distributed as required
- Arranges for the set up and distribution of lock combinations
- With the Board of Directors, responsible for nominating a slate of nominees (members) to the annual general meeting in October for Board of Directors positions for the subsequent year.
- Prepare President's Report for the Annual General Meeting
- Liaison with Communications Managerregarding web site and newsletter input.
- Continuous monitoring of the club’s programs not including youth and schools.
- Point person for email questions from web site info address.
- Approving purchases for the day to day running of the club and programs.
Vice-President back to top
- Assists the president in carrying out his/her duties and provides guidance and assistance to committees and the club pro as required.
- Carries out special projects and assignments as required.
- Carry out the duties of the president, in his absence, including presiding at club general meetings and Board of Directors meetings (See bylaws)
Secretary back to top
- Keep minutes of club general meetings and Board of Directors meetings (See bylaws)
- Keep a record of all the members of the club and their addresses and produce an updated membership list (See bylaws).Note: currently done by Treasurer
- Send notices of club general meetings and Board of Directors meetings (See bylaws)
- Place Advertisement in St. Albert local papers regarding Opening Day.
- Provides Liaison with local media re publicity as and when required.
- Compile annual year-end folder including: minutes of meetings, Board of Directors reports, tournament results, financial statements, (to be filed in desk office of clubhouse)
Treasurer back to top
1) Pay the vendors and staff (if applicable) of the St. Albert Tennis Club in a timely manner and keep records of those transactions as to maintain a clear audit trail.
2) Process, or arrange for the processing, of grant applications as approved by the Board.
3) Execute and maintain:
- a) Employee payroll records, CRA dictated Payroll Remittances, forms, and T4s.
- b) Personnel Contracts
4) Work with the Board to establish a provisional budget by December 1 of each year and a final budget by January 31.
5) Prepare financial statement required with Alberta Registries Annual Return submission.
6) Prepare AGLC Report Annually with current financial data of Casino Account.
7) For the Club Annual General Meeting:
- a) Present Audited, cash flow based, Financial Statements for previous year in accordance with Club Bylaws.
- b) Present a financial report on the previous year’s expenditures with financial recommendations for the new physical year.
8) Arrange for auditing of accounts at end of season
Social Director back to top
There shall be a minimum three Social Directors one of which should take a lead role and whom is a member of the Board of Directors
- Organize volunteers, refreshments, etc. for opening day
- Organizing refreshments for sanctioned tournaments
- Organize the year end party
- Stock clubhouse with supplies. e.g. coffee, paper towels, cleaning supplies
- Prepare Social Directors Report for the Annual General Meeting. The report shall include a general overview of social activities and recommendation for the following year, including names of nominees for the social committee.
Tournament Director back to top
There shall be a minimum three Tournament Directors one of which should take a lead role and whom is a member of the Board of Directors
- Set dates for all club tournaments (including opening tournament, year-end champion tournaments, fun mixer tournament, once a month) and provides schedule to the Board by April 1.
- Oversee all club tournaments (seetournament policy) including:
- • Organizing tournaments or arranging for members to adopt a tournament
- • Purchasing tennis balls for tournaments.
- • Providing direction to members that adopt a tournament.
- • For club championship tournaments provide ranking of players and prepare draw sheets.
- Prepare Tournament Directors Report for the Annual General Meeting. The report shall include a general overview of tournament activities, results of all tournaments, and recommendation for the following year, including names of nominees for the tournament committee.
Facilities Director back to top
- Organizing the installation and removal of windscreens and court washing as needed.
- Arranges for court repair and resurfacing as needed and in accordance with approved club budget.
- Arranges for the purchase of major capital equipment and court and clubhouse repairs and improvements in accordance with approved club budgets.
Youth and Outreach Director back to top
- Manage the following programs:
- Junior Member Program (May, June, July, August)
- Junior Tennis Camp Program (July, August) (open to all, from 6-14)
- Adult Beginner Lessons (May, June) (open to all)
- School (Outreach) Program (May, June, by appointment)
- Plans and schedules each program each year, once the Board has approved the proposed budget. This includes the following functions:
- Submission of proposal and obtaining approval from City of St. Albert for use of courts other than Mission Hill Site for Outreach and Junior Programs.
- Development of online registration process for these programs with Registrar/Treasurer.
- Arranging for personnel to carry out these programs, by hiring employees or by tendered contracts, in cooperation with treasurer, who will be responsible for the financial responsibilities of the Club for their services.
- Supervise the activities (programming, safety, and performance) of personnel in his/her programs.
- Is the contact person for any concerns by other board members or club members with regard topersonnel.
- For the Club Annual General Meeting, prepare a reportnoting the perceived successes and concerns with the programs carried out over the just completed summer and proposing changes recommended for the coming year.
Lounge Manager back to top
- Manages the lounge including stocking and maintaining refreshments.
- Accounts for disbursements and receipts and provides statements for the treasurer
- Supported by Board of Directors for IOU collection
(GEO Draft 2002-08-24)