Duties of Board Members
- Social Director
- Tournament Director
- Facilities Director
- Instructional Coordinator
- Lounge Manager
President back to top
- Organize and preside at all meetings of the Club and of the Board of Directors (see bylaws)
- Is an ex-officio a member of all committees (see bylaws)
- Day to day guidance of and supervision of Club Manager-Pro
- Primary contact (liaison) with:
- The St. Albert Recreation Department, including:
- Informing recreation coordinator of new Board of Directors after elections
- Liaison with regard to clubhouse improvements, maintenance, etc.
- Matters with regard to the license of occupation
- Inspections at beginning and end of occupancy period (Apr. 15 to Oct 15)
- The Edmonton District Tennis Association:
- Tennis Alberta, including
- Informing recreation coordinator of new Board of Directors after election
- Submitting St. Albert Club sanctioned tournament dates (Aug.30)
- The St. Albert Recreation Department, including:
- Arranges to have mail picked up and distributed as required
- Arranges for the collection and distribution of keys and keeping an updated list of who is in possession of keys
- With the Board of Directors, responsible for nominating a slate of nominees (members) to the annual general meeting in October for Board of Directors positions for the subsequent year.
- Prepare Presidents Report for the Annual General Meeting
Vice-President back to top
- Assists the president in carrying out his/her duties and provides guidance and assistance to committees and the club pro as required.
- Carries out special projects and assignments as required.
- Carry out the duties of the president, in his absence, including presiding at club general meetings and Board of Directors meetings (See bylaws)
Secretary back to top
- Keep minutes of club general meetings and Board of Directors meetings (See bylaws)
- Have charge of all the correspondence of the club.
- Keep a record of all the members of the club and their addresses and produce an updated membership list as soon as possible (See bylaws).
- Send notices of club general meetings and Board of Directors meetings (See bylaws)
- Develop annual newsletter with Board of Directors input and organize mail out of newsletter for April 15.
- Place Advertisement in St. Albert local papers regarding Opening Day.
- Provides Liaison with local media re publicity as and when required.
- Compile annual year-end folder including: minutes of meetings, Board of Directors reports, tournament results, financial statements, (to be filed in desk office of clubhouse)
Treasurer back to top
Receive all monies paid to the club, including membership fees and deposit of same (See bylaws)
- Pay all accounts (utility bills, staff wages, maintenance costs, etc.)
- Account for the funds of the club and keep the books as may be directed (See bylaws)
- Present a full detailed account of receipts and disbursements to the Board of Directors when requested (See bylaws)
- Prepare Treasurers Report for the Annual General Meeting including a statement duly audited of the financial position of the club. (See bylaws)
- Prepare and submit Annual Report as required by the Societies Act.
- Apply for grants to support pro salary
- Arrange for liability insurance (date due?)
- Connect phone for April 15, Disconnect phone for Oct. 15 keeping same number
- Arrange for auditing of accounts at end of season
Social Director back to top
There shall be a minimum three Social Directors one of which should take a lead role and whom is a member of the Board of Directors
- Organize volunteers, refreshments, etc. for opening day
- Assist pro in organizing refreshments for sanctioned tournaments
- Organize the year end party
- Stock clubhouse with supplies. e.g. coffee, paper towels, cleaning supplies
- Prepare Social Directors Report for the Annual General Meeting. The report shall include a general overview of social activities and recommendation for the following year, including names of nominees for the social committee.
Tournament Director back to top
There shall be a minimum three Tournament Directors one of which should take a lead role and whom is a member of the Board of Directors
- Set dates for all club tournaments (including opening tournament, year-end champion tournaments, fun mixer tournament, once a month) and provides schedule to Secretary by April 1.
- Oversee all club tournaments (see list of duties) including:
- Organizing tournaments or arranging for members to adopt a tournament
- Purchasing tennis balls for tournaments.
- Providing direction to members that adopt a tournament.
- For club championship tournaments provide ranking of players and prepare draw sheets.
- Prepare Tournament Directors Report for the Annual General Meeting. The report shall include a general overview of tournament activities, results of all tournaments, and recommendation for the following year, including names of nominees for the tournament committee.
Facilities Director back to top
- Organizing the installation and removal of windscreens and court washing as needed.
- Arranges for court repair and resurfacing as needed and in accordance with approved club budget.
- Arranges for the purchase of major capital equipment and court and clubhouse repairs and improvements in accordance with approved club budgets.
Instructional Coordinator back to top
- Interface with staff from City of St. Albert Recreation Services Department with regard to scheduling club, lesson, public use and school use of Mission and other City tennis courts.
- Prepare and submit ad for club provided tennis lessons to St. Albert Further Education Association by January 31 of each year.
- Coordinates with the City of St. Albert and the Tennis Club teaching of lessons for the “Summer in the City” program.
- Provides assistance to the Club Pro with regard to lessons including acceptance of applications, collecting money, record keeping and scheduling and rescheduling lesson times.
- Prepare Instructional Coordinators Report for the Annual General Meeting. The report includes nature and number of lessons provided, lesson fees collected, relationship with City of St. Albert, etc.
Lounge Manager back to top
- Manages the lounge including stocking and maintaining refreshments.
- Accounts for disbursements and receipts and provides statements for the treasurer
- Supported by Board of Directors for IOU collection
(GEO Draft 2002-08-24)